Saturday, July 30, 2011

Taking the Cake Dome to a Garden Tea Party

What perfect weather it was for garden tea party last Thursday! So fun to catch up with friends over sweets. I think it is just about my favorite past-time these days. How grand that I have found yet another opportunity to wear my senior prom dress (it is almost always my last resort for a Halloween costume).


The menu included:  

Chilled Lime and Mint Tea
Chilled Cucumber Tea
Radish and Chive Herb Butter Sandwiches
Cucumber Sandwiches (thanks Laura!)
Egg and Rosemary Sandwiches
Coreopsis Fairy Cakes
British Butter Scones (served with clotted cream)
Wee Ginger Cake and Lemon Curd Trifles

It was a delightful evening - a shame I don't have the energy to do something like that more often! The turn-out was modest but made for rich company. So many leftovers! I forget to compensate in my baking when I make it an "girls only" affair. 
 

2 comments:

jo said...

So glad you're return to the states means a return of your famed Cake Dome Parties to this part of the world. This one looks fabulous.

jo said...

So glad you're return to the states means a return of your famed Cake Dome Parties to this part of the world. This one looks fabulous.