Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Future collegues?

For the Texas Library Association meeting held last week in San Antonio, a bunch of the librarians I work with (including my mentor and my supervisor) participated in the TLA Book Cart Drill competition. This is up there in weird librarian humor with the Texas Tattooed Librarian Calendar. Well, without further ado, I give you...not quite sure what to call it honestly...



I think my favorite part about this whole thing isn't even that they threw it together in a week and got last pace (but crowd favorite) against a bunch of even nerdier librarians who had been practicing for a solid year. No. My favorite part about it is that youtube tried to restrict their audio on the video since they claimed it violated copyright laws. Of course, not to be pushed around, the librarians went into hyper-nerd mode and brought all their resources on parody copyright rules to their attention. As you can see, the audio is now back.

7 comments:

linny said...

Don't mess with Texas librarians.

cate said...

Right you are mom!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Cate, I'm worried. I'm worried because I actually LOVED this!!!!! So funny! Maybe because I almost live at the library. The last song was the best. I always have like three books on hold. You should do it next year! I'll come watch!

Lacey said...

This was thrown together? What did the other ladies do? Hire So You Think You Can Dance castoffs under the table to increase their street cred?

Liz said...

This is awesome! I'm expecting big things from you next year...

Mary said...

Oh my lands. I love this. Cate, I think you will fit in just fine. And I mean that in the best of ways. I want to be a librarian again.

Unknown said...

This was amazing for so many reasons, but I also love the copy right part. Thank you for sharing.