Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yee Haw!

How is this for feeling like a good and proper Texas resident? Matt and I got our Lone Star plates...

Now all I need to do to fit in more on the roads here is to abstain from using my blinker while changing lanes.

Oh and the best news. The super greatest part about Texas life now is that I have a job doing this. You see that lady's name Marilyn? Well, I am the new Marilyn. That is to say I am the new cataloguer and assistant librarian at Cedar Park High School. Yep, and thus I am awesome ....er... something.

9 comments:

Bridget said...

This is super exciting Cate! Did I ever tell you of my dreams of being a librarian/? By the way, I am pretty sure that my oldest sister's, Elizabeth's, kids are headed for cedar park hs some day. Her oldest will be a freshman this year. I will have to ask for sure. Congrats!!

Lili said...

That's awesome. Look's like you're settling right in! ;) Only, your Texas plate says Kentucky... (and you call yourself a true Texan!)

english said...

great news. go timberwolves!

Lance and Jen said...

congrats on the librarian job! Jen and I still think about you guys a lot and hope that all is great...congrats on becoming a Texan too:)

Ruthie said...

So great to hear about your job!!!! Awesome... looks like life is going well for you! Miss you!

jo said...

Hey I just applied for a similar job here in our little town. The job qualifications included, and I quote:

"...Stamina and energy are necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, and work on the computer. The job requires use of hands and arms to shelve. The abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus..."

Congrats on the plates and the job... I'm sure you're be ablt to walk, sit, stand, and work on the computer.

LJ said...

Okay, your next assignment is to learn the "Deep in the heart of Texas" song, complete with the claps. Go and do.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

I'm jealous. I miss the Lone Star state, all the crazy drivers and big hair.