Wednesday, October 10, 2007

tonight when i was driving home

there was this car in front of me going about 15 mph in a 25 zone. She pulled out in front of me right when I was turning out of the library parking lot. Then she braked her way down the four block street until the intersection where I hoped to part ways. Nope. Turned down the same street I needed to go. I started to lose patience. It called for an unprecedented tail-gate. So I began to approach her gigantic bumper. Slowly her license plate border came into view:

"I may be slow...but I'm ahead of you"

oooooo...that made me so mad.

7 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Was her name Louise Holt?? That witch with a capital B...

mairzy said...

Never fails, does it? Not only a total jerk behind the wheel, but proud!

Mary said...

That makes me happy. It's like she deliberately pulled out in front of you and drove slowly just so you could catch a glimpse of her license plate. Did you laugh?

I kinda want to make a bunch of t-shirts now that say heinous things using the same sentence structure. "I may be _____, but I'm _______ you.

"I may be ugly but I'm better looking than you." "I may be a brat, but I get my way more than you." "I may be a loser, but I have more free time than you." I "I may wet myself in public, but I'm not as stinky as you." "I may be a nudist, but I get more fresh air than you."

I'm sitting here cracking myself up with my own little jokes and imagining myself walking around town with said t-shirts. I better stop. I may be funny, but I'm not as funny as you.

cate said...

Mary you have begun something great here. There are endless possibilities with a template like that. Maybe we could start filling the blanks on T-Shirts and sell them to "Hot Topic".

What do you say?

allyson elizabeth said...

Mary's comment reminded me of this:

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/091706/i-verb-nouns.gif

jo said...

I would buy that a shirt like that, Mary.

Mary said...

Cate,
It looks like we're in business. Jo would BUY a shirt like that. And it's all thanks to Louise Holt with a capital B. Yes!