Sunday, April 22, 2012

'Tis the Season

Last week was the Arvada Kite Festival. And Matt and I were pretty popular among the 5 year olds with our shark kite. It was the only one there and flew well in spite of weak winds.


We bought this kite in Boulder the weekend before at Into the Wind, a kite and toy shop on the popular Perl Street. There were many adventures to be had with the toys there. Let this picture speak of a few of them....



Back to the Kite Festival...
Indeed there was no shortage of neat looking kites (though an inordinate amount of box "Clone Wars" kites for some reason).

It was only a shame there wasn't a breeze to keep most of them aloft longer than a minute.

Our friends Roxanne and Des engineered a little cheating help from a helium balloon which promptly popped when the diamond kite inevitably crashed to the ground.
Despite the not so friendly kite weather, it felt oh so fine to bask in a bit a sun for awhile. I could take kite watching and sun (as long as I was prepped with my hat and sunscreen) every weekend from here until fall.

3 comments:

Lindsey Hicks said...

How fun and such blue skies! Oh how I wish we were headed to Boulder next. It is my dream city.

Mary said...

red shoes.

kami said...

Waaaaaait a minute! How did I miss this? I completely did not realize you guys are in Colorado. We are thinking of moving to the Denver area come August. How rad! You gotta tell me what you guys think of it...email me Cate!

kamille.larsen@gmail.com