Monday, December 19, 2011

Tell me this isn't funny -

I am not sure why...but it is. That said, may I recommend adding "The Trip" to your Netflix Instant Queue? It's brilliant really.



Reminds me of a plaque I read while exploring an installation art exhibit in Glasgow last winter:

"I think the best kind of humour is the kind where you don't understand what you are laughing at - you intuitively know there's something that is both funny and 'other'." 
   -David Shrigley

Though I know why this clip is funny:

But the question that remains for me is who has a better handle on Michael Cain in this one. Impeccable. What is your vote?

3 comments:

jo said...

Grabbed my mint hot chocolate and watched these clips. Laughed all by myself, out loud, through the whole thing. Perfect for this rainy evening.

Who does the better Michael Cain? I think, Mr. Let Me Finish shows more versatility. :)

cate said...

Here here Jo! You have reason I believe...

english said...

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of this, but it's on my list now.

I've only seen Steve Coogan in a couple things, but what's made him so funny in them was what a jerk he is. Have you seen Coffee & Cigarettes? There's a great exchange there between him and Alfred Molina.