Saturday, March 27, 2010

Since when has Crispin Glover been a "Mystery Man"?

Granted, "Yahoo News" is not the best source for well informed journalism but this article confirmed that these writers don't know enough about their readers (ashamedly - that being me). Since when is Crispin Glover a "mystery man" to films? Why, I've been following him over the years. He's not just the fellow from Back to the Future. Let us remember the classics, Rubin and Ed, The Beavery Trilogy, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, (the new) Alice and Wonderland, Charlie's Angels...the list goes on. Okay, so the last one was not one of his finest moments and the first couple are pretty obscure if you aren't a Brooks, but let us just clarify that Crispin Glover is one to have paid attention to throughout the ages.

Yeah, he's a crazy person but surely one to follow for those that like some quality off-beat flick watching. Here's him as "Rubin", from Rubin and Ed on Letterman.



Needless to say, there is more to Crispin Glover than Hot Tub Time Machine or even George McFly.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't met anyone else who's seen Ruben and Ed... or will admit it anyway. I've never looked at waterskiing the same since.

Adrienne said...

I've been trying to tell John about Rubin and Ed for years. He doesn't believe me that it's a classic.