Friday, January 29, 2010

Good music?


Swirly Patterns and I once had a conversation that spinning classes must be the same all over the world. Our reasoning was that since while Mr. S.P. was hiking through the bucolic moutainside surrounding Andora, he heard a jarring tempo and foreign shouting from inside one of the fitness centers in town. It didn't take long for him to realize that it was a spinning class at full volume (as all spinning classes are). Taking that and my own personal experiences spinning at various places, we concluded that spinning instructors pick the same music and speak a universal language. If you want to get an idea of what that is like, remember this?

I have found an exception, however. Austin spinning classes are much much better on one account. The music is super good. I guess I should have expected that. Still, it made for a nice surprise this morning when Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever and over played one hit wonders were replaced by M.I.A., Spoon and the like.
PS Sorry this pic is so so terrible. I had to drive the point home somehow...

2 comments:

T.R. said...

Now that it has reached Andorra, one is forced to wonder if there exists in the world a land untouched by spinning classes.

LJ said...

Adam and I are taking a ceramics class together, and I've been debating what music to take over. But it must be right, good and fitting.