Monday, October 26, 2009

Dogtoberfest!

Get it?! It's a dog festival in October!! The second annual in Austin, in fact, and man was it fun! Matt and I met up with some friends just in time for the costume contest. When Matt heard that there was a costume contest he was a little reticent on coming. "What do we do? Dress up as dogs?" When he learned that it was the dogs who were competing with their costumes, he was all for attending. My goodness, it was a good thing we did. Otherwise we would have missed out on one of the most festive events of the season. It was a good time for all. Take a look...

Get it?! The dog is dressed up as a chicken!

Apparently this dog only needed a hood to pull off Chebacca.
Yappy dogs were even worth interacting with when they had on a costume.
In between rounds of the contest, the dogs decompressed by socializing,
getting a few belly rubs,and even dancing!Of course, what would be a dog costume contest without Wiener Dogs dressed up like a hot dog or a banana?
Is this cute or really upsetting? I'm not sure what yet...

And the grand prize winner, for good reason, goes to the Mad Hatter.
Such dignity.
What is great about this event, is that it turns out that dogs are not at all camera shy. Granted, they get easily distracted by things they can sniff and reeling in people who could potentially pet them, but they are easier to photograph than a happy group of children. Not only that but no body thinks you're a creep for wanting to photograph how great they look. Yep. This event was a marvelous idea. I can't wait until the 3rd annual Dogtoberfest! I think I will rent me a dog to dress up just for the evening....

5 comments:

linny said...

Do you remember Geezer in a tutu?

T.R. said...

The best thing about Dogtoberfest is the name. I love it.

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

I LOVE this! So funny.

allyson elizabeth said...

I'm suprised no one went as a Bo Obama.

chrissy said...

I'm so stealing the chewbacca idea.

Next year Chewy will have a cape!