Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Case of the Lazies...

It seems like everytime I head off to Ada, OK to visit those delightful Sweeneys, I contract a serious case of "the Lazies". Have you had it before? My symptoms overwhelm me the moment I wake up from a 10 hour sleep (yep, 10 hours every night I sleep there)*. I have this moment when I try to conjur my "to do" list up in my head as I stretch and begin to come to my sense but it comes up utterly blank. In fact, there simply is no list of that sort to be found in my mind. There's a "I could do this ... if I felt like it" list or something the like but it is just not the same and it triggers this staggering torpor.

I think it can be a good thing, the case of the torpors/the case of the lazies. Maybe it just needs to be in moderated amounts like fats on sweets on the top of the active health pyramid. And since it was only four days of puttering around the Sweeney house, going for leisurely runs through Wintersmith Park, and watching an extravagant amount of television I am going to go ahead and say that it was a moderate case enough for good health. In fact, back home in Austin, I have never felt better.

I did get a chance to learn the secrets to a no-fail home made bread recipe from my dear mother-in-law.

And along with his brother Chris, Matt seemed to have anything but the "lazies" when their dad got out "Barry's Boot Camp." Don't take my word for it though...

So I suppose, if you find yourself with a case of the Lazies, you might let it carry on a couple of days before you try and shrug it off. Moderated laziness can prove to be most refreshing in the end.

*There's this magical thing that happens in Ada that I really can't seem to recreate anywhere else. I can sleep-in to astonishly late hours no matter how bad my "can't sleep past 7am" habits have been at home. What can I say? It's remarkable.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh I do miss my friend Cate. Maybe you can get a case of the Lazies up in Utahr some day. By the way, laugh at me if you will, but I've just been asked to be the choir director in our new ward. If you don't recall, being in front of people is not as good as muffin stumps, no matter what people say.

linny said...

First of all, great haircut. Second, Cate you are one of those people who works so hard that you just have to get "a case of lazies" once in awhile. I'm glad Ada brings them on.

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

First of all, is Matt growing a beard? Or is it just shadows? Second, I get the same way when I go to Ada...but it makes me a little anxious, not refreshed. Third, I MISS you guys! I'm so stupid for not staying another day. Watching Matt jump around made me matt-sick. And your hair does look sooo cute!

McDirty said...

I am also "Matt-sick" now.