Friday, January 23, 2009

To have a good 24th birthday,

I recommend that you try any one of the following...

1. Take the day off of work

2. Go for a leisurely run through Great Hills Trail

3. Buy yourself an orchid.
4. Find yourselves some great friends and family to send you birthday love through messages like:
"Happy Birthday Brooks! I hope you have a party the size of TEXAS!", "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY OH HAPPIEST OF HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!Love you to bits--", "Happy Birthday! Here's hopin' that you were able to rock that candy shop.", and "Hey Cate. So glad you were born...Love you."

5. Of course I would recommend getting some great cards that have lovely double layer birthday cakes on them dreamy beautiful cake stands, or cards that actually say happy birthday when you open them...you get the idea

6. Take some generous donations to your "Road Bike Fund" (only if you have one of course)

7. Try a Hut's burger and most importantly their cracked pepper onion rings.

8. Eat a slice of La Madeleine's "Sacher Torte"
Yep. That about does it. You are bound to feel pretty dern special if you do any one of these things. Happy birthday to me! Thanks everbody!

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Was it your birthday today? It was my sister's 24th birthday today too. It sounds like your and hers were both super fun!

Humanjunk said...

Jeeze Louise! Happy birthday Cate Brooks Sweeny!

Mary said...

Ahh. Cate! I totally missed your birthday. Well, I'm glad you have better friends than me.

Miss you!

Adrienne said...

Cate, you're ridiculous. And for the record, I totally didn't even remember the muffin stump line. So, it's all yours to bring back. That's something I'd pay money to see again. Especially if you can bring it back gracefully, like you said.

allyson elizabeth said...

Cate why is your hair so cute? Or your barrettes so adorable?

I don't know, but I'm glad your birthday was good!

Cathryn said...

Wow, I can't believe you are 24! I think I was that age when we were roommates in Paris, I thought I was sooo old then :). Look at you, just sprouting up! Love you and are so happy that you are well.

Rendy Tucker said...

Hey, I have to tell you something totally random but I thought you'd appreciate it. I saw your blog on the sidebar of Lance and Jen Ames' blog a few days ago and peeked in on you. Then last night I had a dream that you were a contestant on American Idol and that we watched it just to see you (because we normally dont watch it). RANDOM! Anyway, I thought it was funny. BTW- in case you're wondering who the heck I am, we were in your ward last year. :)