Saturday, October 11, 2008

Texas Football Season


Football gets a whole lot cooler when you move to Texas. I still can't tell a holding penalty from a first down or what determines whether the clock is running or not - and who came up with the scoring system? No matter really. Because when you move to "Longhorn Country" all you have to know is how to eat several hotdogs in one sitting and when to yell at the refs with your fist in the air. Once you've got that down and put on your burnt orange T-shirt you fit in with all the rest of the veteran crowd. A big thanks to the Livingston's next door for showing us how it is done this afternoon. It was a pretty sweet upset when O.U. got hooked by them horns. Sorry Sweeneys. You chose yourself the wrong state to live in this season.

5 comments:

KurtandLori said...

All praise to Texas for a great game plan. Plus, they just seemed to want it more in the end. The right team won this time. But, better get ready. That number one ranking means you're a target and everybody will be gunning for you. Don't be surprised if one of these days...OU is back ahead of Texas in the rankings. Boomer Sooner!

natalie said...

when in Rome...

I don't think I will ever get football, even if I lived in Texas.

BallinChain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BallinChain said...

I just deleted the last comment, just so you are aware.

I really enjoy your blog! It's so much fun!

As for UT football, I'm glad you two were able to come watch the game! I can't wait to take you to one!

linny said...

Maybe I should try to "get into" football again! It looks like I am missing out.