Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spill the Purse



It's more of a bag really. I had a purse once but I treated it more like a bag so it broke down this last fall. I replaced it with this cordouroy bag I got for free with some stuff I bought. Now I have no need for flimsy, can't-carry-more-than-a-wallet-without-breaking-down purses. This bag works a-okay for me and what's more I think it is pretty cool. In fact, I saw one of my 6th grade students carry one of these around their elem. campus. If carrying around an adolescent approved accessory isn't cool, I don't know what is...

Oh and here is all the stuff in it.
I promise I didn't take anything out. It's all there: my fancy peppermint gum I spent fifty cents more on than the Orbit brand, my ticket stub from seeing Juno last night, two chapsticks (one I just got last week from my DDS after getting my cavity filled) and a lip gloss I forget to use. Well, you can see the rest.

And because this is a tag from Miss Contrary I extend the offer to these five to spill the curiousities of their bag-purses:
1. Kelly
2. Joy
3. Chrissy
4. T.R. (we all know you have a purse even though you call it a "man-purse")
5. Joey

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Have I told you lately that I love your blog?
Thanks so much for the CUTE birthday message!
I love the Matt/Cate combo!

Mary said...

hey, you did it! And I think that's a postcard I sent you in the background.

Did the student with the same bag as you stop using it once she saw you using it? Or was she like "ok. I'm using this bag EVERY DAY until I die so I can be as cool as Miss Cate."

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

But I don't carry a bag...Did you like Juno? I want to see it. I'll just tell people what I carry around in my backpack...Yes, that sounds like fun.

T.R. said...

That is a lie! While I do carry a purse, I refer to it as a purse and it is only other, less secure males who feel compelled to use the cumbersome hyphenated prefix.

Then there's Joey, who carries a "bag", but never a purse.