Thursday, October 28, 2010

So you like robot voices?

I have tried to explain, to lots of people, why law school was such a bad bad idea for use. It is hard to articulate it but I have to say that this cheap video says it all. It may not be true for the lawyer friends you know. To that I say, this is good for them and I give them my best wishes in their future endeavors. For Matt and I though, I give you: "So You Want to Be A Lawyer".

I know it seems like a bleak statement about things but really it is funny now. It is funny because we understand now that what happened to us isn't personal. It just happens. And actually, it feels pretty good to have entered the laughing about it stage of dealing with a trial. I think that now that we are able to have a laugh about it means that we are going to be okay.

4 comments:

linny said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Ok, I have to say that what I did was laugh.

Liz said...

Oh goodness. I love that you can both look at the situation and laugh. I think you'll have fond memories of law school even if the lawyer thing doesn't happen. I mean you got to experience Austin (and us) right? :)

Erica said...

That was hilarious. And sad. We have advised several friends not to go to law school over the last couple of years, and no one has listened to us. On one hand we are grateful that Tom was able to get a job at a good firm so that we can pay off our loans, but on the other hand he is going to have to work a zillion hours a week for three or four years just to pay off our loans. Boo. And we don't even have as many loans as most of Tom's classmates.

Mary said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XViCOAu6UC0&feature=related