Saturday, November 8, 2008

YACK!

Today I grocery shopped to a mix of flamboyant Christmas songs. I know. I know. The controversy of when it is time to bust out Christmas yore is an old one. You either find Christmas the delightfully ubiquitous holiday that should last all year long, or you find it is insufferably dominating of any event after the 4th of July. All the same, I have to express my two concerns about shopping to "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and "Let it Snow" this afternoon.

1. It is November 8th.

2. It was 81 degrees today.

8 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Haha. The first time I had a white christmas was two years ago with Todd's family...and I'm not even sure it snowed then. Now I'm in freezing Idaho and wishing I could trade you places.

Lili said...

haha Cate! My mom and I were at the mall today and noticed the exact same thing. I said to my mama, I said-- "I just feel sorry for the workers who have to listen to this for two months." I think it's just that Christmas music only feels Christmassy when it's actually close to Christmas, ya know?

Linds said...

Scrooge!

linny said...

Yea! I know where to go if I get cold.

BallinChain said...

What happened to Thanksgiving these days? They completely skip it in the retail world! Thanks for popping in last night, we missed you guys!

jo said...

"yack" indeed.

I can just see a Cathy cartoon trying to argue the other side, "I mean, I just need a little Chrismas!" [imagine squiggly lines coming off a frazzled Cathy cartoon head here]


chocolate.

Leilani said...

Hah, the mall had Christmas music on November 4th! Can't we savor Halloween just a little longer?

Unknown said...

So we drew Mike and Chrissy for christmas. I was thinking of getting them a movie and putting it in a bucket of popcorn with some candy. What do you think??
-joy